Today it is easy to get a hold of Hotmail.co.uk best email service provider. All you need to do is sign up with your ISP and tada! You’ve got an account in no time. Creating an account with Microsoft, Google or other big names will get you more. You can buy a decent web hosting package, and you’ll get enough email addresses to power your large business.
But when you decide to pick up the best email service provider, there are many factors to consider before selecting an email service that will benefit your work. Particularly in these days od remote working. What are the security features? How to organize your inbox? What are Spam filters? And many more.
Whether you are from the UK or any part of the globe, many email service providers are present on the internet that will solve your communication problems in just a blink of an eye. Keep reading the article, and we’ll highlight one such email service provider that is the most popular globally. Here, we will talk about one of the most popular email services. And that is Microsoft’s Hotmail. It has decent free service, with several attractive features and advantages. So, without any further ado, let’s dig in.
|Available on||Android, iOS, Windows, MAC & Linux|
A Brief History of Hotmail.co.uk
Unlike today, it was quite a tedious task to get an email account in the early 90s. The existed services were paid for and were not simple to use. Users needed to hire an ISP and later install specific software to configure with that email account. However, the internet did not reach many people. The access to it was a little restricted.
But this changed in the mid-90s. Indian developer Sabeer Bhatia together with his colleague Jack Smith wanted to create an email that could be accessed via the web. The idea was brilliant, but it took a while to put it into practice. Both of them started working on the email service in 1995. And after that, they managed to put it in the air. Their service officially launched on July 4, 1996.
Within a few months, Hotmail gained 1 million users, which made it clear that there is a high demand for free accounts and emails that can be accessed, from anywhere.
The success of Hotmail.co.uk caught the attention of many companies, and one of them was ready to make an offer to purchase the service. And after negotiating with the creators, Bill Gates paid nearly $400 million and acquired Hotmail in December 1997.
Hotmail and Its changes
Under the care of Microsoft, Hotmail first changed to MSN services. And later in the years, it grew to become one of the most popular webmail in the world. That being said, Hotmail’s success is also due to the MSN Messenger. Yes, that’s true because Microsoft’s instant messaging service was quite popular in the 2000s. Any person who wishes to chat with friends needed to create a Microsoft account, and Hotmail’s email service was the best way around.
Hotmail underwent a huge transformation in 2012. And at that time, it was renamed Outlook.com, and all old accounts migrated to the new and modern service.
Hotmail.co.uk | Outlook.com
Both Hotmail and Outlook.com are the same things. Outlook.com is a more user-friendly service. With updated features and an improved interface, Outlook brought in to replace the Hotmail system.
However, many users were confused at the beginning with the switch. You can keep your Hotmail account as @hotmail.com while using Outlook instead.
In a nutshell. Outlook and www.Hotmail.co.uk are the same email service, no matter what email address you choose.
Advantages of using Hotmail UK
Listed below are some of the advantages of using Hotmail as your primary email service. Check this out.
The personal folders enable you to group emails by type. You may search emails when you need to.
- Microsoft office support
Hotmail has more file compatibility and offers you direct Microsoft office support. It allows you to open word documents in Skydrive while enjoying the traditional Word interface. The document can be downloaded, edited, uploaded again on the cloud.
- Connect to Facebook
Hotmail allows you to stay connected and chat with your friends that are on your Facebook friends list. It is the best way to socialize while staying in one window and avoid any hustle.
- Sync Social Media
www.Hotmail.co.uk is the best way to stay in contact since it syncs all major social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It sends email notifications of birthdays and other social events.
- Fewer Ads
Let’s be honest. No one likes advertisements popping up on the screen. Your Hotmail.co.uk account will not show half as many advertisements as Google’s Gmail or any other email service does. It alone is the main reason to choose Hotmail over another email service.
Registration and Login Process www.Hotmail.co.uk | Hotmail Login UK
If you want to know how to create a new Hotmail UK account, this how to- guide will help you to accomplish your task. How? Here are the steps.
- On your web browser, open any of these links on your address bar.
- Here, you will see the sign-up page on your screen. Click on the Create free account tab.
- Now, a sign-up page will appear on your screen. Fill in the details one by one as asked.
- Next, choose your username wisely. Not too hard or not too short and simple.
- The next thing is creating your password. Remember to create a strong password.
- Now, enter your details like age, gender, country, and mobile number.
- Later, enter the captcha and Verify that you are a human.
- Hit the create account tab and now your account is ready to connect the world.
See! That was easy. Right?
Now, to log in to your Hotmail.co.uk account, all you need to do is once again visit the official Outlook.com and hit the sign-in button at the upper-right corner. Enter your login credentials and start your Hotmail account immediately.
Top 6 Reasons You Should Use Hotmail.co.uk
- It’s easy to use! – One of the best things about using Hotmail is that it’s incredibly simple and easy to use. This means you can get more work done in less time because there are no barriers holding you back from getting started with your new email address.
- You don’t need any equipment or software downloads – Another great thing about using Hotmail is that you don’t need to download any special equipment or software. This means it’s accessible from anywhere, which makes things even easier for people who are constantly on the go!
- Their website is compatible with most devices – Whether you’re using a laptop, desktop computer, smartphone or tablet device; there’s a good chance that Hotmail is compatible with your hardware. This means you can change the size of their website as needed to make it easier for yourself!
- It’s one of the most popular services – Not only is using Hotmail incredibly user-friendly, but also very cost-effective when compared to other email providers out there. Because they’re so popular, they can offer more features and functionality than other sites for a cheaper price!
- They have an app to use on your smartphone – Hotmail is one of the few email providers out there that have their very own mobile application. This makes it even easier to check things like work emails while you’re on the go, which will help you get more done in less time!
- They’re affordable – Last but not least, Hotmail is cheap. They offer unlimited storage along with the ability to send and receive as many emails each month as needed at a very competitive price point that won’t break your budget
1. Not getting emails
If you’re not receiving any emails from your Hotmail account, there are a few things that could be the issue. One of the most common problems is having an email forwarding address set up to forward all incoming mail to another account. To fix this simply go into ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’. Delete any forwarding address you have set up and click ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the page.
2. Spam messages
Another common problem is receiving spam emails. The best way to fix this issue is by reporting the message as junk, but you can also report it as phishing or other types of abuse. To do so simply open up your inbox and then click on ‘More’ located in the top-right corner of the window (next to the ‘Expand’ arrow). From there click on ‘Report phishing’, and you will be shown a list of emails where you can select which type of abuse it is.
3. Login problems
If you have trouble logging into your Hotmail account, a few things could be the cause. One of the most common issues is forgetting your password or not having it saved on your device. In this case make sure that ‘Save my username and password’ is checked in settings under Password & Security (it’s best to save them on every device in case you lose or break one). If that doesn’t resolve your issue, try resetting your password using the ‘Forgot Password’ option.
Frequently asked question (FAQ) -Hotmail.co.uk
Q: Why isn’t my Hotmail account working?
A: There are many reasons why your Hotmail might not be working properly. If you’re having issues logging in, a few things could have gone wrong. One of the most common problems is forgetting your password or email address, along with other login errors such as trying to login too many times.
Q: Why is my email spamming me?
A: This could have a few different causes, but one of the most common reasons why your hotmail account might be spamming you is because it’s forwarding all incoming mail to another address without realizing it. To fix this issue simply go into ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’. Delete any forwarding address you have set up and click ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the page.
Q: How can I change my password?
A: It’s best to save your login information in a secure place such as a Password Manager so that you do not forget it, but if you do then it’s easy to reset your password. To do so simply go into ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Password & Security. From there select the option that says “I forgot my password” (or something similar) and follow the steps shown.
Q: Why is my account showing up as inactive?
A: This is a common issue that can be resolved by doing one of two things. One option is to set up your account with an alternate email address, or the other is to click on ‘Reset Password’ and then clicking in either ‘Yes I have access to my old Hotmail Account’, or ‘No someone else uses this email address.
Q: How can I report spam?
A: One of the best ways to resolve this issue is by reporting it as junk or phishing, but you can also contact Microsoft support if those options don’t work. To do so simply open up your inbox and then click on ‘More’ located in the top-right corner of the window (next to the ‘Expand’ arrow). From there click on ‘Report phishing’, and you will be shown a list of emails where you can select which type of abuse it is.